Learn to build your own compost bin with these free compost bin plans. You can make your own compost bin with a little know-how and some common materials from around your yard, garage or garden.
Compost bins can be very easy to build. One of my favorite methods is the simple wire mesh compost bin. If you can bend wire, you can quickly make a great compost bin. If you are more of an engineer or woodworker you might find enjoyment in designing your own compost bin. Either way, the following list contains numerous instructions and tips to build the right compost bin:
- University of Wisconsin Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center has several Compost Bin Construction Plans including: Wood and Wire Compost Bin, Wooden Pallet Compost Bin, Concrete Block Compost Bin, Wood 3-Bin Compost Unit, Wire Mesh Compost Bin, Can Composter, Barrel Composter, and Bin Construction Guidelines.
- Pierce County Public works and Utilities has a great list of Compost Bin Design Plans including: Worm Composting Bin, Wire Mesh Composting Bins, Portable Wood & Wire Composting Bin, and Wood & Wire Stationary 3-bin system.
- Three Bin Compost Bin – Step by step with pictures, powerpoint slides and a pdf. If you are planning to build a serious compost bin, look at this.
- The University of Missouri Extension explains different ways to build a compost bin which includes compost tumbjer, wire mesh compost bin, snow fence compost bin, wood and wire three-bin turning compost unit, worm composting, heap composting, pit composting,
- Fine Gardening’s Building a Compost Bin.
- Stackable Wood Bin.
- LSU Ag Center detailed Three Bin Compost Plans.
- Sift your final Compost with the Compost Sifter.
- Backyard Gardener has a great list of compost bin designs.
- Garbage Can Compost Bin. Fill it up and roll it around….
If you have others, add a comment below and we will update the list.